Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas is Upon Us and the New Year is Coming!

Christmas is just around the corner and is one of my favorite decorating seasons.  When my children married, I got them together one Christmas and divided all the ornaments we had collected throughout their childhood so they would each have something to remember and start their own Christmas with. All my ornaments were old fashioned Christmas ornaments in the traditional red and green.  After the children left the roost I changed to pink, which is one of my favorite decorating colors.  I have been decorating in these colors in various ways since the 80s and it doesn't seem to go out of vogue.  I admired the golds and reds of the early 2000's, but they are much too dark and confined to me.  I have never tired of my pinks, blues and greens.

Because of limited space we chose a very slim tree.  I normally put the tree where the bird cage is (as seen in a previous picture), but he raised such a fuss when I put him in the office, I decided in order to keep peace in the family, I would leave him be and move the Christmas tree to a new spot this year.

I have been collecting my pink ornaments for 30 years.  My angle was purchased 30 years ago as well. I have never tired of any of it.
























Last year I saw this Santa Claus picture at Hobby Lobby and just had to have it.  It really made the house feel like Christmas.




 The holiday season seemed to have started full steam and with all my projects I have found very little time to catch up on my posts.  Although I am only working 3 days a week, there never seems to be enough time to get everything I want to do done.

My hubby and I survived the Thanksgiving holiday.  We had several activities during the Thanksgiving holiday, but were able to spend a quiet Thanksgiving dinner together.  Turkey and all.  Jim made the most wonderful Turkey Pot Pie with the left over turkey.  Only problem is I forgot to take a picture of it.  Following are some of my favorite places and Thanksgiving decor.  I think I changed  my table scape at least 4 times in the Month of November.  The Table cloth is over 50 years old and I saw one in a local antique shop used as a daybed cover priced at $145.00.  So needless to say I am making every effort to preserve it.


The following are pictures of some of the wonderful antiques in one of my favorite places to visit.






TABLE SCAPES




One of my fall center pieces




Another fall center piece for Halloween.


WELCOME TO OUR NEWEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY
MITZI - 8 weeks old

Our newest addition.  We have recently added a new member to our family.  She is now 9 weeks old and growing like a weed.  Her name is Mitzi and she is a Yorkshire Terrier (terror).  Don't ever ask me what possessed me to get a puppy, given the fact I am up at midnight, 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 am every night and still have to face going to work.  At least with a real baby you don't have to go outside in the middle of the night,  But, given all of this, she is truly a joy.  Puppyhood too will pass and she will make a wonderful pet.  Even Jim has fallen in love with her.  Our home will never be the same!  In the back ground is Freddie our Cockatiel.  We have had him for 10 years.  





Mitzi and Mama in front of the Christmas tree


She likes the new blanket I made for her.  Soft white on pink polka dot fleece.  Wouldn't mind some jammies out of this.


Mitzi loves the new blanket I made for her.


Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and may the coming year be good to you.  This was a good year for us even with a few minor set backs which we all have from time to time,  But all and all, it has been a good year,  Wishing everyone good health, happiness and prosperity in the coming year..

1 comment: