Monday, December 9, 2013

The Fall Season is Well Underway!

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted.  Thanksgiving has come and gone in the wink of an eye.  We had a very busy holiday with various activities, but were able to spend a quite Thanksgiving day with just the two of us.  The friends we usually spend Thanksgiving with were out of the country having a wonderful trip. I must say, Jim and I had a great time cooking, drinking a glass of wine or two and just relaxing.  We had enough turkey left over for Jim to make the best Turkey Pot pie the next day.  The only problem is that I forgot to take a picture of it.  Jim is a great cook.  Although I like to cook, he often takes over the kitchen.  He makes all the bread and baked goods as well.  Following are a few pictures of my Thanksgiving decorations.



Jim and I at a dinner party with our friends.  We have the best cooks in the south.  It seems like all we do is eat at every ocasion.


This is a table setting for an Italian dinner Jim and I had for a few friends.  We even had Italian music in the background.  I love holding internationally diversified dinners.  It is as fun to decorate the table and find the music as it is to eat the good food.










This is some of my fall decorations in my front entry.


This is a bloom of my Bleeding Heart bush.  It is beautiful in the summer.



One of the three different fall dining room table centerpieces I used during the Thanksgiving holiday.








Me after a long day at work,  It is beginning to cool down into the 70s now, so I can now wear light sweaters and slacks instead of cropped pants and short sleeves.  








No comments:

Post a Comment